The initiative is a coordinated effort to strengthen the pipeline of diverse bar association leaders by providing leadership training and professional development programs that will benefit current and future leaders, the bar association community and the legal profession overall.
Distinguished, diverse and experienced leaders from throughout the organized bar community will lead workshops to enhance leadership, communication and advocacy skills of a select group of attendees.
Participants in the CBLA will have the opportunity to:
- Network with leaders from multiple national bar associations.
- Learn, discuss and develop leadership skills important to their future as lawyers and as future bar leaders.
- Absorb a wide range of leadership advice from experts in a small, collegial close-knit setting.
- Develop the skills necessary to organize, operate and lead local and national bar associations.
- Build relationships with current and future like-minded bar leaders in an atmosphere aimed at promoting interaction, participation and fun.
The program can be found here.
Reporters’ on-site contacts:
Cie Armstead, director, ABA Center for Racial and Ethnic Diversity: 312-730-7019
Elizabeth Derrico, associate director, ABA Bar Services: 312-209-1979