About the Program
Before you head home for the holidays or hit the holiday party circuit, learn how to make the most of social events and family gatherings in advancing your career and practice development prospects. Do not waste this wonderful season sitting on the sidelines! Law students, young lawyers and those new to client development will hear answers to the following questions:
- How should I best prepare myself to attend networking functions during the holidays?
- How do I capitalize on bar association events over the holidays?
- How can I most effectively follow-up with contacts I meet at holiday events and happy hours?
- How do I brand my skills into a cohesive story and powerful elevator pitch?
- What are the benefits of seeking out mentors for professional development?
- How can I take advantage of social networking, and what are the best ways to utilize the resources out there?
- How do I connect the dots between online and in-person extracurricular activities and a career path?
Lynn A. Howell, Houston, TX and Gulfport, FL
Matthew W. Barnes, Partner, Burr & Forman LLP, Birmingham, AL
Jasmin N. French, Corporate Associate, Ice Miller LLP, Indianapolis, IN
Charles R. Gallagher, III, Managing Partner at Gallagher & Associates Law Firm, P.A. St. Petersburg, FL
Jill Eckert McCall, Director, American Bar Association Center for Professional Development, Chicago, IL
Barbara Mendel Mayden, Member, Young Mayden LLC, Legal Search and Law Firm Consulting, Nashville, TN