We look forward to seeing you at the ABA Young Lawyer Division events during the 2014 ABA Annual Meeting, August 7 – 10 in Boston, MA. In preparation, here are some resources and updates we would like to share:
Prior to the Meeting
- Review the online schedule (note that Boston is Eastern Time). Unless otherwise noted, all events are at the Sheraton Boston Hotel, 39 Dalton Street.
- Download the program materials and Meeting app.
- Pack business attire for the programming, business meetings, and the YLD Assembly. Pack casual attire for the YLD Welcome Reception and black-tie optional attire for the YLD Annual Fellows Gala.
- If you are a Delegate to the YLD Assembly review the Delegate information and download the agenda.
At the Meeting
- Follow @ABAYLD on Twitter for YLD meeting updates and include #ABAannual in your tweets to connect with other attendees. Also tag us in your facebook pictures, facebook.com/ABAYLD.
- Be sure to attend Friday's Plenary, The Boston Bench and Bar Welcome the YLD to Bean Town, from 8:15 – 9:00 AM in the Back Bay Ballroom C, 2nd Level.
- Discuss practical tips on work-related topics and career strategies with top lawyers and legal career consultants during Friday’s Career Advice Series: Top Issues to Master for a Thriving Career program from 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM in the Liberty Ballroom B, 2nd Floor.
- Take advantage of the many Division sponsored CLE programs.
- Vote in the elections for six Delegate-at-Large positions and one “vacancy” position in the ABA House of Delegates. All Annual Meeting attendees can vote in the election. The ABA Young Lawyers Division (ABA YLD) Executive Board has voted to endorse several candidates, based on each individual’s significant experience in the ABA YLD and/or significant support for the Division. YOUR VOTE COUNTS! If all Young Lawyers vote, we have a great chance of increasing our voice in the House of Delegates.
- Enjoy the many special events:
Thursday, August 7
4:45 PM - 5:15 PM
First-Time Attendee Orientation, Sheraton Boston Hotel, Liberty Ballroom A, 2nd Level
5:15 PM - 6:15 PM
Joint Reception with Judicial Division, Law Practice Division, and Young Lawyers Division
Sheraton Boston Hotel, Commonwealth, 3rd Level
8:30 PM - 10:30 PM
Young Lawyers Division Welcome Reception, Cheers Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Quincy Market, South
Sponsored by the Section of Litigation; DecisionQuest; the Section of Labor and Employment Law; and the Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section
Transportation will be provided to Cheers Faneuil Hall starting at 8:15 PM for Welcome Reception attendees. Guests can board the buses at the main entrance of the Sheraton Boston.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 8
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Complimentary Headshots by a Professional Photographer, Sheraton Boston Hotel, Grand Ballroom Foyer, 2nd Level
Sponsored by the Tort, Trial and Insurance Practice Section
11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Section Connect Fair and Beverage Break for Young Lawyers, Sheraton Boston Hotel, Grand Ballroom Foyer, 2nd Level
Cappuccino & Espresso Bar Sponsored by the Section of Antitrust Law
6:30 PM - 11:30 PM
YLD Annual Fellows Gala - Masquerade Theme (Ticketed – SOLD OUT, Black-tie Optional), John Joseph Moakley United States Courthouse, One Courthouse Way
All guests must show a photo id and walk through a metal detector when entering the Courthouse.
Transportation will be provided to the Courthouse starting at 6:10 PM for Fellows Gala attendees. Guests can board the buses at the main entrance of the Sheraton Boston Hotel.