Sponsored by the ABA Young Lawyers Division, Center for Racial and Ethnic Diversity, and Law Student Division The Next Steps Diversity Challenge recognizes and awards top young lawyer organization and law student programs that increase diversity in the pipeline to the legal profession.
**Entries for the 2015 The Next Steps Diversity Challenge will be accepted starting on August 25, 2014.**
Recognition and Awards
For the 2015 Challenge the top three programs developed by law student and young lawyer organizations (Affiliates) will be showcased at the 2015 YLD Spring Conference in Tampa, FL and receive a subgrant to expand their program.
This program is open to young lawyer organizations affiliated with the ABA Young Lawyers Division (Affiliates) and law students from ABA-accredited law schools.
November 1, 2014
Premier Program Sponsor
Diversity in the Legal Profession: Next Steps, The report and recommendations,
1) Explicitly identify a Next Steps report recommendation to address/serve as a focal point for the project.
2) Develop and submit a detailed program plan including, but not limited to, the program purpose, proposed activity/ies, desired outcomes, target audience, and desired number of young lawyer participants to Renee Lugo, Program Associate, Chisa Putman, Vice-Director by December 20, 2013.
3) Submit a progress report on the program’s implementation (program date, program format, and other pertinent information) to Renee Lugo, Program Associate and Chisa Putman, Vice-Director by January 10, 2014.
4) Complete program implementation by March 1, 2014.
5) Submit a final report giving activity dates, outcomes, audience member numbers, young lawyer participant numbers, and proposed plans for expansion (with the subgrant award) to Renee Lugo, Program Associate and Chisa Putman, Program Coordinator by March 14, 2014.
6) Top programs will be selected and showcase participants notified by mid-April 2014.