ABA Annual Meeting CLE Proposals Due
The 2011 ABA Annual Meeting is August 4-7, 2011 in Toronto, Canada. Presidential Showcase Program CLE proposals are due October 11, 2010. Please note that the task force is seeking general session program proposals that meet the following criteria:
- Each entity should submit no more than two showcase program proposals.
- Program proposals should have broad appeal across practice areas.
- Speakers should be of national stature and their participation certain (or near certain).
- There must be at least one minority participant for each program submission.
- Programs should have a demonstrable value to potential attendees.
- Programs should address substantive areas of the law or cover topics germane to the practice of law.
- Programs should be supported by written materials that comport with CLE and ABA policy.
- Panels should have a modest number of participants, i.e., moderator and no more than three speakers.
Section specific CLE program proposals are due January 11, 2011.