- Anne E. Langford, What's in a Name? Notarios in the United States and the Exploitation of a Vulnerable Latino Immigrant Population, Harvard Latino Review, 2004.
- Becoming American, Seeking Justice – The Immigrants Legal Needs Study; Institute for Research on Multiculturalism and International Labor, 1996.
- Congressional Research Service, Legal Ethics in Immigration Matters: Legal Representation and Unauthorized Practice of Law, 2009.
- National Law Journal Article, Bryan Cave goes to court to battle immigration ‘notario fraud’, Sheri Qualters, April 2009.
- Regulating Immigration Legal Service Providers: Inadequate Representation and Notario Fraud, Shannon, Careen, 78 Fordham L. Rev. 587, 2009.
- Cori Alonso-Marsden, “Strong Words, Gentle Deeds”: Evaluating the Effectiveness of the Maryland Immigration Consultant Act Five Years On, American University Washington College of Law, 2012.
- The Community Justice Project, Georgetown Law, Ayuda; To Protect and Serve: Access to Justice for Victims of Notario Fraud in the Nation's Capital; Elizabeth Cohen, Caroline Van Wagoner, Sara Ward, March 2013.
- Petition to take Enforcement Action, and Promulgate Industry Guidance, and Consumer Education Concerning Deceptive Acts in the Immigration Consulting Industry, filed with FTC on February 3, 2009.