Grades 7-9: Due Process Freedoms
Voir Dire Simulation
- Are you opposed to the new Safe Roads Act?
- Do you have an opinion concerning the alleged facts in the case?
- Do you believe "impairment" is a judgment call by the arresting officer?
- Do you believe alcohol affects different people in different ways?
- Do you have a driver's license?
- Have you ever been involved in an accident with a drunk driver?
- Do you have relatives or close friends who have been involved in an accident with a drunk driver?
- Do you belong to a religious or fraternal organization that condemns the sale or use of alcoholic beverages?
- Do you have relative or friends who have been found guilty of DWI?
- Are you related to anyone involved with this case?
- Do you believe the burden of proof is the same for the prosecution in this case as in the case of rape or murder?
- Have media accounts of this case caused you to form an opinion about the defendant?
- Have you ever served on a jury before in a criminal case?
- Do you believe our system of justice is fair?
- Would your previous jury experience prevent you from being an impartial juror in this case?
- Is there any reason you can't sit as an impartial juror in this case?
- Do you understand that the prosecution must show "beyond a reasonable doubt" that the defendant is guilty as charged?
- Do you occasionally drink some sort of alcoholic beverage?
- Have you ever driven a car while consuming an alcoholic beverage?
- Have you ever had an unpleasant experience with someone who was drinking alcoholic beverages?
- Do you believe a person can safely drive a car after drinking two beers?
- Have you ever been convicted of a traffic violation?
- Do you ever inadvertently look away from the road while driving?
- Will it be hard to recognize that opening and closing arguments by attorneys are not evidence in the case?
- Will it be hard for you to disregard evidence the judge rules as inadmissible after you've heard it in open court?
- Do you have any connection with or interest in an insurance company?
- Do you believe that the defendant is innocent until proven guilty in this court?
- Do you feel you would believe a police officer more than the defendant in this case?
- Do you believe that youth, in general, drink too much and shouldn't be driving cars?
- Do you believe that the officer is positive the defendant was drunk or he wouldn't have arrested her?
>>7-9 Due Process Home
>>Voir Dire Simulation
Law Day For Schools Home | Law Day Lessons Home | 7-9 Lessons Home