High School Students
Teaching About Freedom of Speech on the Internet
Free Speech Handout
Can you “say” anything you want, anywhere you want to? What are the limits?
- Candidate says, “I believe my opponent lacks good moral quality.”
- Advertisement: “Clear Face kills acne germs.” It doesn’t.
- Photographs of nude children.
- License plate required by state, “Live Free or Die.”
- Said to White House guard, “I’m here to kill the President.”
- News article says “Rick Roe beats his wife and children.” He doesn’t.
- A fraternity hangs out a Confederate flag on the Martin Luther King holiday.
- Book: How to Be a Hit Man.
- A person taunts, “Your mother ****.”
- A candidate blares his message from a sound truck at 3 AM in a residential neighborhood.
>>Teaching about Freedom of Speech on the Internet
>>Free Speech: Handout
Law Day For Schools Home | Law Day Lessons Home