Basics of Selling a Home
What legal papers should I have before putting my home on the market?
Real estate law requires many documents. Before you sell your home, make sure you have these documents on hand:
- a plat or survey of your property
- either a deed or your mortgage agreement
- the most recent real estate tax bill
- condominium documents, if your home is a condominium
- homeowner association rules and fee schedule (if applicable)
>>What legal papers should I have before putting my home on the market?
>>Do I need a real estate agent? An attorney?
>>Legally, what is an offer?
>>What’s usually in the contract of sale?
>>What happens at the closing?
>>Where can I get more information?
Practical Law Home | Buying or Selling a Home | Basics of Buying a Home
*Basics of Selling a Home* | Why Real Estate Is Covered By Special Laws | Real Estate Brokers
The Purchase Contract | Financing a Home Purchase | The Closing | The Fair Housing Act
Where to Get More Information