Law Day 2015
Are you looking for ideas on how to implement the 2015 Law Day theme, "Magna Carta: Symbol of Freedom Under Law?" Download our comprehensive 36-page guidebook specially written and designed with the needs of Law Day planners and organizers in mind.
Included inside are Magna Carta talking points, a timeline, programing ideas, lesson plans for elementary-, middle-, and high-school students, and much more. Download yours today!
Make your Law Day commemoration extra special! Choose from a fine a array of Law Day products in our webstore.
New! Download Dialogue on Magna Carta!
This handy Resource Guide provides judges, teachers, and other civic leaders with the resources they need to engage students and community members in discussions on Magna Carta.
For more on Dialogue, or to download companion resources (including handouts and PowerPoints for use with all three Magna Carta discussions), click here.
Our Law Day Toolkit Is Available! Get Yours Today!
Teachers: Get a free packet full of handy materials to help you engage your students in Law Day 2015, "Magna Carta: Symbol of Freedom." Included are:
- The 2015 Law Day Planning Guide;
- The Magna Carta edition of Insights on Law & Society teachers' magazine;
- A list of 10 things teachers should know about Magna Carta;
- A guide for dialogues on Magna Carta;
- the Magna Carta 800 Traveling Exhibit brochure;
- An annotated Magna Carta resource list;
- a Pocket Guide to the U.S. Pocket Constitution;
- A list of Magna Carta-related essay, video, and art contests; and
- a Magna Carta-themed Law Day Poster.
To get your free packet, delivered to you in a handsome Magna Carta 800 folder, just click here and provide us with your mailing information. Happy Law Day!
Magna Carta and the Rule of Law
This fascinating book, written by a distinguished international group of scholars and published by the ABA Section of International Law, marks the 800th anniversary of the sealing of the Magna Carta with an exploration of its background and the profound impact it has had various important issues and the rule of law. Includes a foreword by Former U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor. Now available for purchase in the ABA webstore!