- Formal Opinion 465: Lawyers’ Use of Deal-of-the-Day Marketing Programs (October 21, 2013)
- Formal Opinion 464: Division of Legal Fees With Other Lawyers Who May Lawfully Share Fees With Nonlawyers (August 19, 2013)
- Formal Opinion 463: Client Due Diligence, Money Laundering, and Terrorist Financing (May 23, 2013)
- ABA Urges State and Local Bar Members to Follow New ABA Ethics Opinion and Voluntary Lawyer Guidance to Fight Money Laundering More
- Formal Opinion 462: Judge’s Use of Electronic Social Networking Media
- Formal Opinion 11-461: Advising Clients Regarding Direct Contacts with Represented Persons
- Formal Opinion 11-460: Duty when Lawyer Receives Copies of a Third Party’s E-mail Communications with Counsel
- Formal Opinion 11-459: Duty to Protect the Confidentiality of E-mail Communications with One’s Client
- Formal Opinion 11-458: Changing Fee Arrangements During Representation
As a member of the Center for Professional Responsibility you have access to a complimentary formal ethics opinion online library of formal opinions issued since 1984. The opinions are organized both by issue date or subject .
If you are not a member of the Center and looking for older archives, formal opinions issued since 1983 are available for individual purchase via pdf download. See list by issue date or by the subject index. Also available in hard copy for purchase are collections of opinions from 1967-1982 and from 1983-1998. Opinions are also available via Lexis and Westlaw.
Can't find what you're looking for? Contact ABA ETHICSearch for free research assistance
ABA ethics opinions are copyrighted and may be reprinted and/or reproduced by permission only. In some cases, a fee may be charged. See additional information and permission request procedures.