- ABA Formal Ethics Opinion 471 – Ethical Obligations of Lawyer to Surrender Papers and Property to which Former Client is Entitled (July 1, 2015)
- Formal Opinion 470: Judicial Encouragement of Pro Bono Service (May 20, 2015)
- Formal Opinion 469: Prosecutors and Debt Collection Companies
(November 12, 2014)
- Formal Opinion 468: Facilitating the Sale of a Law Practice (October 8, 2014)
- Formal Opinion 467: Managerial and Supervisory Obligations of Prosecutors Under Rules 5.1 and 5.3 (September 8, 2014)
As a member of the Center for Professional Responsibility you have access to a complimentary formal ethics opinion online library of formal opinions issued since 1984. The opinions are organized both by issue date or subject .
If you are NOT a member of the Center and looking for older archives, formal opinions issued since 1983 are available for individual purchase via pdf download. See list by issue date or by the subject index. Also available in hard copy for purchase are collections of opinions from 1967-1982 , 1983-1998 , and 1999-2013 Opinions are also available via Lexis and Westlaw.
Can't find what you're looking for? Contact ABA ETHICSearch for free research assistance
ABA ethics opinions are copyrighted and may be reprinted and/or reproduced by permission only. In some cases, a fee may be charged. See additional information and permission request procedures.