Role of the Committee
The CPR Policy Implementation Committee focuses on implementation of recent revisions to the Model Rules of Professional Conduct and the Model Code of Judicial Conduct, the policies of the Multijurisdictional Practice Commission and other models and policies developed by the Center for Professional Responsibility.
The Committee offers a variety of assistance to jurisdictions reviewing these ABA policies:* Assistance in the drafting or reviewing of rules, including presentations that review recent changes to the ABA Model Rules of Professional Conduct and Model Code of Judicial Conduct and the policies relating to multijurisdictional practice along with state-by-state rule comparisons;
* On-site meetings with implementation committees;
* Assistance with promotion of new rules and programs to the bar and the public;
* Access to the materials and resources contained in the Committee's national clearinghouse of information on implementation efforts;
* Tracking state and federal contacts and efforts to implement the amendments to the revised Code; and
* Assistance in providing resources, expertise and speakers for conferences and other programs.