Documents and Models
- ABA House of Delegates Resolution Urging the Establishment and Support of ATJ Commissions or Comparable Bodies in All States (August, 2013)
- Conference of Chief Justices, Resolution Reaffirming to ATJ Leadership (August, 2013)
- Access Brief on Access to Justice Commissions, from the National Center for State Courts, Center on Court Access for All
- Conference of Chief Justices Resolution in Support of Access to Justice Commissions (July 2010)
- Conference of Chief Justices, Resolution on Leadership to Promote Equal Justice (January 2001)
- About Access to Justice Commisssions
- Definition of Access to Justice Commission, used by Resource Center in compiliing lists (July 2011)
- Comparative Chart of State Access to Justice Commissions
- Examples of State Access to Justice Commissions: Creation, Structure and Accomplishments
Describes ATJ Commissions in Colorado, Texas, Maine, Mississippi and Washington.
Article by Bob Echols (MIE Journal Spring 2008)
- Mobilizing Judges, Lawyers, and Communities: State Access to Justice Commissions
Article by Chief Justice Karla M. Gray and Bob Echols. (ABA Judges Journal Summer 2008)
- Stoking the Coals: Creating a Culture of Giving and Support for Legal Aid
Tells the story of the Texas ATJ Commission and lessons learned from other state Commissions.
Article by Deborah Hankinson (ABA Judges Journal Fall 2008)
- Twelve Lessons from Successful State Access to Justice Efforts, best practices from the field.
- Access to Justice Checklist, menu of possible ATJ initiatives
- Documents on Creation and Structure of ATJ Commissions
- Documents on ATJ Commission Strategic Planning
- Documents on ATJ Staffing