- Law Student Loan Repayment Assistance Developments
ABA Standing Committee on Legal Aid and Indigent Defendants page on student loan repayment assistance programs.
- Center for Law and Social Policy, documents and resources on the history of civil legal aid and current issues.
Documents and Models
- FAQs about Civil Legal Aid from the National Legal Aid and Defender Association
- Civil Legal Aid in the United States: An Update for 2009, from the Center for Law and Social Policy
- ABA Principles of a State System for the Delivery of Civil Legal Aid
- State Self-Assessment Tool: Principles of a State System for the Delivery of Civil Legal Aid
- ABA Standards for the Monitoring and Evaluation of Providers of Legal Services to the Poor
- State Plan for Providing Civil Legal Aid to Low Income New Mexicans (2007)
- Proposed Strategies for Using Performance Standards for Legal Aid in the State of Washington (2010)
- Improving Civil Justice in Rural California, report of California Commission on Access to Justice (September 2010)
- Lifting the Burden: Law School Debt as a Barrier to Public Service, final report of the ABA Commission on Loan Repayment and Forgiveness (2003)
- It’s the Salaries, Stupid!… and Much, Much, More: The Developing Crisis in the Delivery of Legal Aid, NLADA Recruitment and Retention Survey and Analysis (2007)
- The Quest for the Best: Attorney Recruitment and Retention Challenges for Florida Civil Legal Aid
- A Resource Guide for Creating State Loan Repayment Assistance Programs for Public Service Lawyers
ABA Commission on Loan Repayment and Forgiveness state LRAP tool kit.
- Meeting the Challenge of Law Student Debt: Loan Repayment Assistance Programs (LRAPs), Brochure on law school LRAPs produced by the ABA Commission on Loan Repayment and Forgiveness.