While most all Americans think it’s a good idea to talk with their loved ones about end-of-life care, less than 30% have actually done it.
My Health Care Wishes Lite (Google Play | Apple App Store)
A free app to safeguard your wishes
The My Health Care Wishes smartphone app gives individuals the ability to store and share important health care wishes. In an emergency, you’ll have immediate access to a PDF version of your advance directive.
An important document like this doesn’t belong tucked away in a safety deposit box or in a file cabinet somewhere. Import and store it on your smartphone so that it’s there for medical decision-making anytime, anywhere. Your information is protected because the data resides only on your smartphone, not on any server or cloud service.
My Health Care Wishes Pro (Google Play | Apple App Store)
Even more functionality
The $3.99 Pro version offers even more functionality, with unlimited storage of people profiles and documents. Store advance directives, living wills, health care powers of attorney (HCPOA, health care proxy), DNR orders, and POLSTs (Physician Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment). It is designed to revolutionize information sharing during a medical crisis so that your advance care documents can be conveyed as a PDF and delivered to a hospital or physician in minutes.
It also allows you to create a digital library containing your advance care plan and those of your spouse, parents, children, and anyone you care for. Your loved ones may be away at college, in a retirement community or nursing home, working in a different city, or under the same roof. Imagine having your wishes and those belonging to your loved ones stored in one place, just a click away. You can carry their health care wishes on your smartphone and they can carry your wishes on theirs.
Pro version (Google Play | Apple App Store)
- Unlimited storage of documents and people profiles
- Email stored documents to a health care provider — be prepared in case of emergency to advocate for your loved ones, no matter where you are
- Store additional details about you and your loved ones: specialists, emergency contacts, insurance, and medical conditions
- The Personal and Family Manager allows you to show the relationships between profiles you've stored
- Click-to-call and click-to-email feature gives you an instant connection to those whose profiles you've stored
- Syncing to your DropBox account to allow for easy importing and exporting of PDF documents
- ABA multi-state power of attorney toolkit PDF for use in most states
- More resource tips and links to help you plan smart and effectively!
- PLUS, all the features listed below in the Lite version
Lite version (Google Play | Apple App Store)
- Confidentiality of information is protected because the data resides only on your smartphone, not on any server or cloud service
- Grabs contact information from your contacts list
- Summary of health care wishes can be shown or sent via text or email to health care providers
- Allows import of advance directive document(s) via email or upload from a computer
- Emails your advance directive document to loved ones and health care professionals and/or facilities
- Stores key contact information on primary and secondary proxies, and primary care physician
- Allows editing and updating documents as you age and your health status changes
- Keeps track of document versions by date entered
- Wallet card download available
- Includes a PDF summary worksheet for ease in collecting the information needed to customize a folder
- Opt-in to annual email reminders if you'd like a little nudge to check that your saved information is still current