Michigan State University College of Law
Length: Five-week program (2011 dates were May 20 to June 30)
- Field placement aspect allows students to work under the supervision of Members of Parliament or public lawyers
- Classroom component includes an introductory course on the Canadian legal system, a series of weekly seminars on topical Canadian legal issues, and a speakers’ program featuring prominent Canadians
Contact: Professor John Reifenberg at 517-432-6818 or email@example.com
Pennsylvania State Dickinson School of Law
Length: One month program (2010 dates were May 15 to June 15)
- Takes place at the McGill University Law Faculty
- Focus on arbitration law
- Key topics include investment arbitration, ICC arbitration, and consumer arbitration
Credits: Up to 6
Contact: Professor Thomas Carbonneau at firstname.lastname@example.org
South Western University School of Law
Length: One month program (2011 dates were May 29 to June 29)
- Past courses taught by prominent U.S. and Canadian law professors.
- Distinguished Guest Lectures, including the Honorable Justice Rosalie Silberman Abella of the Supreme Court of Canada.
- Midday Lecture Series presented by leading international scholars.
- A part-time externship program.
- Field excursions to local courts and other legal agencies.
- Past courses offered include: International Environmental Law, International Criminal Law, Illicit International Markets, Comparative Cultural Property Law and Comparative Constitutional Law.
Credits: 4 or 6
Tuition: $3,100 or $4,650
Contact: Anne Wilson at email@example.com
Length: Three-week or six-week program (2010 dates were May 15 to June 25)
- Takes place at the University of St. Michael’s College in Toronto
- Past courses included: Comparative Regulatory And Administrative Liability, Comparative Criminal Law, International Business Overview, International Economic Law And Institutions, International Human Rights, NAFTA Dispute Settlement, NAFTA Overview
Credits: Up to 6
Tuition: $4,000 (or $700 per credit)
Contact: 517-371-5140 ext. 2849 or firstname.lastname@example.org