Southwestern Law School
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Length: Five week program (2011 dates were May 29 to July 1)
- Courses focusing on international and Latin American issues taught by faculty with extensive international experience.
- Meetings with Supreme Court justices, cabinet members, members of Congress, human rights activists, and leading lawyers and journalists.
- Visits to the Supreme Court, Congress, the Foreign Ministry, the Ministry of Justice, Casa Rosada (the President's headquarters), a prison, trial courts, and law offices.
- English-speaking Argentine students in all courses.
- Social and cultural events with Argentine students, lawyers and judges.
Tuition: $3,500 or $5,150
Contact: Anne Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Length: Four week program (2011 dates July 17 to August 12)
- Program will be held at the Pontificia Universidad Catolica Argentina Facultad de Derecho in Buenos Aires.
- Focus on comparative law, business law and international human rights.
- Previous courses included: International Comparative Competition Law, Comparative South American Constitutional Law, Comparative Criminal Ethics, and Comparative Privacy Law.
- The program cost includes local field trips to Argentine legal, political, and economic institutions.
Tuition: $4,575 or $5,688
Length: Four-week program (2011 dates June 11 to July 10)
- Focus on examining legal, historical, and cultural approaches to human rights in Chile and Argentina.
- Immersion in a foreign legal system and a comparative perspective on pressing questions of human rights.
- Offered in conjunction with Universidad de Autonoma, Universidad Católica Argentina, Universidad de Los Andes, and Universidad Austral.
Contact: Mark Adams at 219-465-7869