What is FEED?
The purpose of the Task Force on Financial Engineering for Economic Development (FEED) is to provide resources to countries with emerging markets to assist them in creating the framework for functioning capital markets. FEED will provide a tool kit with outlines and examples of how other countries have structured the legal and regulatory framework for their capital markets. FEED will also provide people with whom emerging markets officials and regulators can consult as they seek to structure the framework. Furthermore, FEED will provide training (both in-person and online) to emerging market regulators, as well as assist officials in the U.S. government, United Nations, and other multinational organizations who are working on these issues. FEED will work to assist officials and regulators developing capital markets, structuring financial transactions, and developing new securities regulations. Utilizing the expertise of FEED members, FEED will provide assistance in creating the appropriate legal infrastructure necessary for a functioning capital markets system.
FEED's Steering Committee members have a wealth of experience with regard to financial markets and risk management. FEED members are lawyers based in the US, UK, Canada, Nigeria, Italy and Hong Kong.
- Adedayo (Bill) Banwo, Deutsche Bank, London, UK
- Peter Werner, International Swaps & Derivatives Association, London, UK
FEED Senior Advisors
- Jeffrey Golden, London School of Economics, London, UK
- Richard Grove, Rutter Associates LLC, New York, NY
- Timothy Baron, Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP, Toronto, Canada
- Georges K. Bolamo, Pictet, Geneva, Switzerland
- Ingrid Busson-Hall, Credit Agricole Corporate Investment Bank, New York, NY
- Lauren Caplan, Commonfund, Wilton, CT
- Lisa Curran, Allen & Overy LLP, Rome, Italy
- Don De Amicis, Overseas Private Investment Corporation, Washington, DC
- Stuart Deming, Deming PLLC, Washington, DC
- Diane Genova, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., New York, NY
- Ernest "Chip" Goodrich, Jr., Deutsche Bank, New York, NY
- Arthur Hahn, Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP, Chicago, IL
- Laura S. Harper, Managed Funds Association, Washington, DC
- Babatunde Irukera, SimmonsCooper Partners, Lagos, Nigeria
- Carolyn Jackson, Katten Muchin Rosenman UK LLP, London, UK
- Sally James, London, UK
- Thomas Jones, Allen & Overy LLP, London, UK
- Ernie Mui, Baker Manock & Jensen, Los Angeles, CA
- Gbenga Oyebode, Aluko Oyebode, Lagos, Nigeria
- Joshua Riezman, Deutsche Bank, New York, NY
- April Rinne, Collaborative Lab, San Francisco, CA
- William Springer, Bingham McCutchen, New York, NY
- M. Holland West, Dechert LLP, New York, NY
- Kevin Wilkey, MetLife, Hong Kong
- Kevin Wulwik, Tudor Capital UK, London, UK
For information on FEED, please contact Christina Heid, International Projects Director (email@example.com).