2013 ABA Annual Meeting
The ABA-IPL Section is pleased to host our members and many guests during the 2013 ABA Annual Meeting in San Francisco, California.
At this year’s Annual Meeting, we are proud to offer you the best continuing legal education programming, networking opportunities and special events this August in San Francisco.
In just a few days, you can earn an entire year’s worth of CLE credit and keep up to date on the latest developments and issues critical to your practice. Furthermore, you’ll have numerous occasions to network with the world’s leading IP practitioners while experiencing the “City by the Bay”.
The ABA-IPL Section will once again feature front-line programming and valuable networking opportunities at this premier conference for legal professionals. We invite you to preview our exciting agenda with relevant and expert-led continuing legal education programs. Here are some of the highlights:
- CLE Presidential Showcase Program: IP is All Around US™ on Thursday, August 8.
- CLE Workshop programs preview:
- Navigating the Patent Thicket
- IP and the Comic Superhero
- Registering Non-Traditional Trademarks
- Design in the Mobile Device Space
- European Patent Litigation
- CLE Program highlights preview:
- Social Media Terms
- Patents Markets Evolutions
- Hot Topics in Trade Secret Law
- International Trade Commission Investigations
- Online Counterfeiters too Difficult to Catch
- Mark T. Banner Award Luncheon,
Saturday, August 10, 12:00 pm -1:30 pm
Join in honoring our 2013 award winners:
Federal Circuit Judge Pauline Newman and Professor Christina Bohannan. The guest speaker will be David J. Franklyn, Director of the McCarthy Institute for IP and Technology Law.
- Networking Events:
Diversity Reception, hosted by the ABA-IPL Diversity Action Group
LGBT Diversity Reception – both events: InterContinental San Francisco Hotel
Section Celebration Event – on the aircraft carrier USS Hornet featuring food, open bar and entertainment in a fascinating historical setting.
Opportunities to participate in ABA-wide activities and events.
We look forward to welcoming you to the beautiful bay city of San Francisco this August .