Environment, Energy, and Resources Dedication to Diversity and Justice Award
The Environment, Energy, and Resources Dedication to Diversity and Justice Award recognizes and honors the accomplishments of a person, entities, or organizations that have made significant accomplishments or demonstrated recognized leadership in the areas of environmental justice and/or a commitment to gender, racial, and ethnic diversity in the environment, energy, and natural resources legal area. Accomplishments in promoting access to environment/energy/resources rule of law and to justice can also be recognized via this award.
The Environment, Energy, and Resources Dedication to Diversity Award will consider nominees that have:
- influenced individuals of gender, racial and ethnic diversity to pursue and/or to succeed in environmental, energy, or natural resources legal careers; or
- worked with and mentored diverse lawyers in the environment, energy and resources field; or
- through publications, education, action, legislation, litigation, counseling, advocacy, or other activities:
- advanced environmental justice (as defined by the 1993 ABA House of Delegates policy);
- advanced access to responsibly developed energy for disadvantaged communities;
- advanced sustainable resources or protection or restoration of the environment or ecosystems in disadvantaged communities;
- advanced access to justice and the environmental/energy/resources rule of law for disadvantaged communities; or
- advanced responsible economic and social development in disadvantaged communities.