Reginald M. Turner, Jr.
The ABA Commission on Racial and Ethnic Diversity (Diversity Commission) is a catalyst for enhancing opportunities for racially and ethnically diverse lawyers to excel throughout the legal profession, and in the ABA.
The Commission works toward its mission and goals with a broad array of collaborative organizations to pursue the following goals in accordance with its strategic plan:
1. Take concrete actions to promote the recruitment, hiring and advancement of diverse lawyers and diverse law students and graduates;
2. Take specific actions to increase opportunities for diverse lawyers to serve as federal and state judges and encourage federal and state judges to increase their efforts to identify and hire diverse law clerks;
3. Maintain cooperative working relationships with national, state and local traditional and diverse bar associations to provide joint programs designed to provide increased and equal professional opportunities to diverse lawyers;
4. Work to ensure equal membership and employment opportunities for diverse lawyers and law students in the American Bar Association, and full and equal opportunities for participation in the Association's governance and programs;
5. To recognize and celebrate the contributions of diverse lawyers to our cause, to our profession and to the public; and
6. To facilitate interaction between diverse lawyers across the nation through meaningful networking and communication.