Recommended Readings: Unit 6
- Kennedy, David. “Drugs, Race and Common Ground: Reflections on the High Point Intervention.” NIJ Journal No. 262 at p. 12 (2009). (available online at http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/nij/journals/262/high-point-intervention.htm)
- Neeley, Elizabeth. “Racial and Ethnic Fairness in the Courts: Impressions from Public Hearings.” Available online at http://ppc.nebraska.edu/publication/RacialandEthnicBiasCourtsPerceptionsPublicHearings
- McKenzie, Wayne. “Racial Disparities in the Criminal Justice System.” Testimony Before the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism and Homeland Security (October 29, 2009) (available online at judiciary.house.gov/hearings/pdf/McKenzie091029.pdf).
- Beane, Catherine. Moving Toward a More Integrative Approach to Justice Reform , at Chapter 2. Open Society Institute (2008). (available online at http://www.behindthecycle.org/ReportsPublications.html).
- “Reducing Racial Disparity in the Criminal Justice System: A Manual for Policymakers and Practitioners.” The Sentencing Project. available online at http://www.sentencingproject.org/template/page.cfm?id=120 under “key publications.”