February 5-11, 2014 - Chicago, IL
Feb. 7, 10 am - Noon CST:
Poverty and Government Intervention in Families Due to Alleged Child Abuse & Neglect: What’s the Connection and What Should the Law Say About It?
- An expert panel of attorneys and public policy experts will explore how changes in our laws might better protect children who experience poverty and maltreatment.
- CLE program sponsored by: ABA Commission on Youth at Risk, Center on Children and the Law, Commission on Homelessness and Poverty, & Section of Individual Rights and Responsibilities
Feb 7, 1:30 - 3:00 pm CST:
Meeting the Educatonal Needs of Highly Mobile Students: The Education Rights of Homeless Children and Youth and Those in the Child Welfare System
- A free CLE session focusing on children and youth who experience homelessness.
- Three experts will highlight child welfare laws that support school continuity and stability for children, and provide advice for using these laws to benefit highly mobile children and youth.
- Sponsored by the Commission on Homelessness and Poverty, Section of Individual Rights and Responsibilities, and the Commission on Youth at Risk
Learn more about the ABA Midyear Meeting