This issue of the newsletter featured the following content:
- Welcome from Committee Chair Mark Morton including notes about the upcoming meetings
- Welcome from the newsletter co-editors, Eric Klinger-Wilensky and and Ryan Thomas
- Notes in honor of Chief Justice Steele from E. Norman Veasey, Leo E. Strine, Rick Climan, Joel Greenberg, and Leigh Walton
- Task Force reports from the Governance Issues in Business Combinations Joint Task Force, the Financial Advisor Disclosure Task Force, the Legal Project Management Task Force, the Revised Model Asset Purchase Agreement Task Force, and the Two-Step Auctions Task Force
- Subcommittee Reports from the Acquisitions of Public Companies Subcommittee, the International M&A Subcommittee, the Membership Subcommittee, the M&A Jurisprudence Subcommittee, the M&A Market Trends Subcommittee, and the Private Equity M&A Subcommittee
- Deal People
- The Committee Meeting Agenda
Join the Mergers and Acquisitions Committee to receive this newsletter and other related resources sent directly to your inbox. Business Law Section members my join any (or all!) Section Committees for free. To receive Deal Points Studies, be sure to also join the Market Trends Subcommittee.
The mission of the Mergers and Acquisitions Committee is to discuss, debate and educate its members on the legal issues relating to, and to collaborate with law schools, the judiciary and investment banking and other professionals to establish best practices for, M&A and related transactions, including with respect to the process of negotiating, documenting and bringing these transactions to market.