This joint initiative of the American Bar Association, Hispanic National Bar Association, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, National Bar Association, and the National Native American Bar Association provides participants a chance to:
- Network with leaders from your organization and multiple national bar associations.
- Learn, discuss and develop leadership skills important to your future as a lawyer and as a future bar leader.
- Have the opportunity to absorb a wide range of leadership advice from leading experts in the field in a small, collegial, close knit setting.
- Develop the skills necessary to organize, operate and lead local and national bar associations.
- Build relationships with current and future like-minded bar leaders in an atmosphere aimed at promoting interaction, participation and fun.
Members of the sponsoring organizations with at least five years of experience are encouraged to apply. Applicants will be selected based on their leadership experience and potential for leadership growth in their bar association, and their commitment to advancing diversity in the legal profession. Applications are due Friday, February 28, 2014.
Business lawyers who do not yet have leadership experience but who are committed to advancing diversity may wish to apply to the Business Law Section Leadership Diversity Outreach Committee Fellows, Ambassadors, Envoys, and Diplomat programs.