11/7/13, 4:22 PM CT | Author: Section Staff
Advance registration for the Business Law Section Fall Meeting closes on Friday, November 8 at 6:00 p.m. Eastern. Continue reading to learn 12 reasons why you should register today.
- Advance registration closes on Friday, November 8. If you miss the advance registration deadline, don’t worry – on-site registration will be accepted at the meeting.
- The Section is offering 12 CLE programs, including “A Practitioner’s Guide to Trends in True Sale and Other Structured Finance Opinions”, “Examination of the Financial Expert Witness at Trial” and “On the cutting edge: A discussion of TriBar's new choice of law report and the impact in opinion practice of the SEC's new Regulation D rules.”
- Catch up with old friends and meet with new colleagues at the Fall Meeting Welcome Reception on Friday, November 22 from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Topical sessions, CLE programs, and lunches will feature speakers from the SEC, including SEC Commissioner Kara M. Stein and Director of the SEC Division of Corporate Finance, Keith F. Higgins.
- The average high temperature in Washington, D.C. this time of year is a comfortable 56 degrees Fahrenheit. Enjoy the beautiful fall weather!
- Committee dinners feature a relaxed environment to network with colleagues in your practice area.
- Over 30 Committees and Subcommittees will meet at the Fall Meeting, including Business and Corporate Litigation, Corporate Governance, and Federal Regulation of Securities.
- The meeting takes place at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington D.C., which is located near many museums, the Capitol, monuments, and the White House. When the meetings are over, take some time to explore our nation’s capital!
- Don’t miss the most important meal of the day. Enjoy complimentary continental breakfast for meeting attendees, and coffee and soft-drinks served throughout the day.
- Put a face to the names of Section staff members and leaders who will be able to answer your meeting-related questions and help you find the best ways to get involved in the Section.
- Loosen your tie with business casual attire at the Fall Meeting!
- Give back to the legal community by mentoring a law student attendee.
Review the Fall Meeting Guide and register now!