The most recent issue includes content covering the following topics:
- Professor Elizabeth S. Miller to Receive Lubaroff Award
- Developments at the Joint Editorial Board
- When is Permitted Collateral Assignment of LLC Membership Interest a Prohibited Sale?
- Delaware: Fiduciary Duties Exist Even When Manager Has No Discretion in Voting
- Did Texas Court Botch Diversity of Citizenship Analysis
- Can’t Get Rid of Those Nooks and Crannies: Delaware Supreme Court Clarifies Implied Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing
- 2013 Amendments to Delaware’s LLC & Partnership Acts
- Gerber v. Enterprise Products Holdings, LLC; When a Contractual Presumption of Good Faith Isn’t Good Enough
- North Carolina Becomes the First State to Drop L3Cs
- A Road Map for the New North Carolina Limited Liability Company Act
- Summary of Proposed Overhaul of the North Carolina Limited Liability Company Act
- Delaware “Alternative Entity” Statutes Amended
- South Carolina Supreme Court Allows Foreclosure of LLC Member’s Interest
- Delaware Case Provides Drafting Lesson For “Phantom” Income Provision in Buy-Out Agreement
- Bankruptcy Pitfalls of Big Law LLPs for Big Law Firms and Suggested Alternative(s)
- A Sad Loss: Lin Hanson
- Comment Letter on Proposed Series LLCs Regulations, ABA Section of Taxation (April 30, 2013)
Join the LLCs, Partnerships and Unincorporated Entities Committee to begin receiving this newsletter, and notifications about other Committee resources, including webinars, CLE, program materials, and publications. Committee membership is free for all Business Law Section members.
For more coverage of related topics, you may wish to attend the LLCs, Partnerships and Unincorporated Entities Institute which takes place October 17 – 18 in Arlington, VA.