The LLCs, Partnerships and Unincorporated Entities Institute takes place October 17 – 18 at the Waterview Conference Center in Arlington. Leading experts from both the academy and the practicing bar will be addressing a variety of issues involving LLCs. Presentations will include the taxation of transfers of LLC interests, the reorganization of partnerships and LLCs, issues in bankruptcy, and using LLCs and LPs in estate and gift planning.
The following eight CLE programs will be presented (12 credits are expected):
- Partnership Creation
- Avoiding Audit: Considering, Creating, and Caring for Family Limited Partnerships
- Taxation of Transfers of LLC and Partnership Interests
- Effective Drafting of Capital Account Provisions
- LLC Interests and Securities Law
- Recent Case Update
- Partnership and LLC Reorganizations
- Rationalizing Entity Law: Corporate Law and Alternative Entities
- Key Issues for Creditors of Distressed Unincorporated Entities
Join the LLCs, Partnerships and Unincorporated Entities Committee to receive updates about related resources. Committee membership is free for all Business Law Section members.