- Section members (join now!): $225
- Non-members $305
Leading experts from both the academy and the practicing bar will be addressing a variety of issues involving LLCs. Presentations will include the taxation of transfers of LLC interests, the reorganization of partnerships and LLCs, issues in bankruptcy, and using LLCs and LPs in estate and gift planning.
Twelve CLE credits are expected. CLE programs and topical sessions include:
- Partnership Creation
- Avoiding Audit: Considering, Creating, and Caring for Family Limited Partnerships
- Taxation of Transfers of LLC and Partnership Interests
- Effective Drafting of Capital Account Provisions
- LLC Interests and Securities Law
- Recent Case Update
- Partnership and LLC Reorganizations
- Rationalizing Entity Law: Corporate Law and Alternative Entities
- Key Issues for Creditors of Distressed Unincorporated Entities
The October 17 lunch will feature a presentation titled "The Growing Importance of Alternative Entities as Compared to Corporate Structures," given by keynote speaker Chief Justice Myron T. Steele of the Delaware Supreme Court. Tickets may be purchased for $65 while you register*.
The Lubaroff Award Dinner takes place on Thursday, October 17. Tickets may be purchased for $100 while you register*.
The Committee Working Meeting will take place over the lunch hour on October 18. A box lunch for this meeting is included in your registration fee.
*If you have already registered, you may log back in, or call Dorcus Logan at 312-988-5564 to purchase lunch or dinner tickets.