Posted 03/13/2013 by Molly Flood
Tomorrow marks the start of the 2013 ABA Bar Leadership Institute. The ABA Standing Committee on Bar Activities and Services and the Division for Bar Services are putting the final touches on this year’s program. We’re excited to welcome you to Chicago for 2 days of extensive training on how to effectively lead bar associations. Here are some last minute tips that will enhance your 2013 BLI experience.
- Register Early: Avoid the lines on Thursday morning and register on Wednesday from 4:30 – 6:30 pm. As an added bonus, early registrants will receive one free drink ticket to Wednesday’s welcome reception and are entered into a raffle to win one of two Visa gift cards.
- Download the app: The Division for Bar Services has again partnered with Kittay New Media to create a first-rate mobile experience for BLI attendees. The 2013 BLI App is a practical meeting guide with direct links to program descriptions, room locations and meeting handouts.
- Access the App at: http://knmsites.com/bli/
To use on your smartphone or tablet:
- Step 1. Open this website in your smart phone or tablet browser
- Step 2. Bookmark the page
- Step 3. Select the option to save the page to your home screen
- Read the meeting program: Start planning what governance and communications workshops you’d like to attend. Peruse the meeting handouts to get a sneak peak at some of the programming.
- Get on social media: Twitter will be buzzing with live tweets throughout the BLI. The hashtag for this year’s meeting is #BLI13. If you’d like to sharpen your social media skills, Friday’s workshops include a session on Social Media Basics and one for more advanced users.
- Questions on site: Please look for the Registration Desk and the DBS Resource Table on the 7th floor. The entire Division for Bar Services staff will be on site, and we are happy to answer any and all questions.
Check back here next week for a recap of the key events from the 2013 ABA Bar Leadership Institute. You can also follow the action in real time at the Division’s twitter feed: @ababarservices.