Annual Award for Scholarship (2014)
Each year, the ABA Section of Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice recognizes the best work of administrative law scholarship for the prior year. I write to request nominations for that award. Eligible books and articles are those that were published (copyrighted) during 2012.
In general, publications worthy of the Section's award should be:
1) well written, since publications that are informative and develop new ideas need not be difficult to read;
2) tightly reasoned, with a clear analysis that does not detour from development of the main thesis of the argument;
3) broadly applicable to at least several programs or issues;
4) provide a new and timely insight into a current issue of administrative law;
5) provide a new theoretical construct that will aid in the understanding or development of administrative law or develop a practical recommendation for solving a problem of administrative law; &
6) contain a minimum of repetition or recitation of existing work.
Please submit your nomination package to: The ABA Section of Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice, 1050 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite 400, Washington, D.C. 20010 OR Email: email@example.com or fax to 202-662-1529.
Please direct inquiries to Section Director Anne Kiefer at 202-662-1690.
The award recipient is selected by early June, announced soon thereafter, and the award winner is invited to the Section's Administrative Law Fall Conference held in Washington, DC in October or November (this year's event takes place November 7-8, 2013).
Download PDF of Annual Award for Scholarship Instructions