The Commission explored the existence of implicit bias and what can be done to combat it through a series of videos specifically targeting key players in the judicial system: judges, prosecutors and public defenders. The videos are accompanied by a toolkit that offers additional resources and materials that can be used in training programs for those groups of professionals.
To download the resources below, please right-click on the link and click "Save link as" or "Save target as".
- Hidden Injustice: Bias on the Bench, an implicit bias training video for judges
- Hidden Injustice: Toward a Better Defense, an implicit bias training video for public defenders and defense attorneys
- Hidden Injustice: The Prosecutor’s Paradox, an implicit bias training video for prosecutors
If you will be showing one of these videos at a program, please email Rachel Patrick at Rachel.email@example.com to let us know when and where you will be showing it so we can track usage.
- Implicit Bias User Guide and Bibliography
- Implicit Bias & Judges: How innate attitudes shape behavior, even on the bench
- Implicit Bias & Prosecutors: How innate attitudes shape behavior and can distort justice
- Implicit Bias & Public Defenders: How innate attitudes shape behavior and can distort justice