Recent Developments in Foreign Bank and Financial Account Reporting (FBARs)
With the June 30 filing deadline on the horizon, please join our expert panelists as they discuss the rules for reporting foreign financial accounts, the new regulations issued in February, and unanswered questions and practical considerations in FBAR enforcement.
- Scott E. Fink, Greenberg Traurig LLP, New York, NY (Moderator)
- Sam Berman, Special Counsel, IRS, Washington, DC
- Caroline D. Ciraolo, Rosenberg Martin & Greenberg LLP, Baltimore, MD
- Mark E. Matthews, Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP, Washington, DC
June 14, 2011 | 1:00 - 2:30 PM Eastern | Webinar/Teleconference
Estate Planning in 2011 and 2012: The Aftermath of the 2010 Tax Act
Now that the dust has settled after the enactment of the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010, this panel will highlight estate planning opportunities available for the next two years, including portability and estate tax and lifetime gift tax exemptions. The panel will also discuss the impact of the sunset provisions that take effect in 2013 and the potential for future changes to the transfer tax laws.
June 22, 2011 | 1:00 - 2:30 PM Eastern | Webinar/Teleconference
The Move Towards "No Fault": The Accuracy Penalty Reconsidered Section of Taxation
Please join our expert panel as they discuss recent statutory changes (new penalty for foreign asset understatements and economic substance transactions), case law developments (106 Ltd. v. Commissioner – defining promoter), and creative application by the government, including the use of unasserted accuracy penalty as an “offset” in refund litigation.
- John M. Colvin, Chicoine & Hallett PS, Seattle, WA (Moderator)
- Robert Chicoine, Chicoine & Hallett PS, Seattle, WA
- Thomas Greenaway, KPMG, Boston, MA
- Fred Murray, Grant Thornton, Washington, D
June 29, 2011 | 1:00 - 2:30 PM Eastern | Webinar/Teleconference