Highlights: Register Now for the Free ABA Midyear Meeting
The Law Practice Management Section's members are encouraged to register now for the Midyear Meeting at the Hyatt Regency Chicago, February 8-13, 2006. Registration is free. The advance online registration deadline is January 9, 2006. Rooms are going quickly at the Hyatt Regency Hotel as well. Be sure to book your reservations today. In addition to standard business meetings, LPM will host the ABA Women Rainmakers' complimentary CLE Program The Roadmap to Marketing Success on Friday, February 10, 2006 from 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm. Additional details, including meeting schedule and registration are available online.
Law Practice Magazine: Taking Charge of Your Cash Flow Maintenance
Take a look at your firm's accounting issues, from credit card usage and acceptance to profit-and-loss equations for associates. Also, this book includes basic accounting methods to use at your firm and other financial discussions any firm should consider.
The December issue of Law Practice Magazine is now online!
View current issue»
ABA TECHSHOW®: Take Advantage of Early Bird Registration
Early Bird Registration ends on March 10. On April 20-22, 2006 at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers, ABA TECHSHOW® will celebrate its 20th anniversary. ABA TECHSHOW® is the world's premier legal technology conference and exposition developed by and for lawyers and other legal professionals. Over 1400 participants are expected to attend ABA TECHSHOW® to take advantage of more than 60 legal technology programs and training sessions offered in fourteen topical tracks. Over 100 technology vendors will feature the latest in legal technology products and services. In addition, the ABA Law Practice Management Section will host an educational track providing practical, down-to-earth practice management advice for both the tech-savvy and the techno-novice. A vendor track will also be offered providing demonstrations of new software and technological tools and product information. Register before March 10 and save up to $300! For more information, visit www.techshow.com .
Upcoming Meetings and CLE
- January Teleconference: It's Your Job to Fight Workplace Harassment | January 25, 2006
- ABA Midyear Meeting, Hyatt Regency, Chicago, IL | February 9-11, 2006
- ABA TECHSHOW ®, Sheraton Hotel & Towers, Chicago, IL | April 20-22, 2006/li>
- LPM Spring Section Meeting, Sheraton Hotel & Towers, Chicago, IL | April 20-22, 2006
- ABA Annual Meeting, Honolulu, HI | August 3-5, 2006
- LPM Fall Meeting, Westin Bayshore Resort, Vancouver, BC | October 12-14, 2006
5 TIPS for Steps to Help Achieve Your PR Goals
What you need to know to get and keep new business. Edited by Ann Lee Gibson
Taken from the December 2005 Issue of Law Practice Magazine.
View Current Issue »
- Treat reporters like prospects. Find out who covers your practice area. Read their work. Contact them periodically to discuss industry trends, and always return their calls promptly.
- Bridge to high-profile news stories. Relate your legal expertise to specific news stories like hurricane recovery and airline bankruptcies. Those are the stories reporters are writing about today.
- Employ in-house and external PR. Create an in-firm PR capability and hire consultants, who are less myopic, to serve your firm's external needs. The most successful PR programs incorporate both types of resources.
- Get media trained. Fear the possibility of being misquoted, or worse? Get professional media training to help you develop and stay on your message points.
- Target publications your clients and prospects read. Focus your PR where your clients are more likely to see it. Coauthor with clients in industry trades, too.
LPM Teleconference Series: It's Your Job to Fight Workplace Harassment
January 25, 2006
Most attorneys are supervisors and have the legal obligation to protect their subordinates from workplace harassment. In some states, ethics or professional responsibility rules circumscribe certain conduct with clients or others in the practice of law. This CLE program is available via teleconference and live audio web cast and satisfies Ethics Credits. Expand your knowledge from the comfort of your office chair--today's practical and affordable way to earn CLE credits. LPM members receive $65 off regular tuition rates of $150.
View the full program information and register online . Call the ABA Service Center at 1-800-285-2221 for information or to register by phone.
Carpe Librum: Books from LPM Publishing
The Lawyer's Guide to Effective Yellow Pages Advertising, Second Edition
by Kerry Randall and Andru J. Johnson
Learn how to create client-winning, jump-off-the-page Yellow Page advertising that gets results, and not increase your current advertising expenses. You'll find information on identifying and focusing on the clients you want to have, and how to plan and design the perfect ad that reaches potential clients and motivates them to call.
Product code 511-0538
LPM Member $59.95/Non-member $69.95
What Others are Reading: Top Articles from Law Practice Magazine and Law Practice Today
Law Practice Magazine:
- "First, Let's Sell All the Lawyers": A Personal View of Legal Marketing's Long, Strange Journey
- The Art of Feel-Good Rainmaking: How to Cultivate a Network of Endless Referrals
- Legal Marketing Professionals on the Rise: Who Earns What?
Law Practice Today:
- The Best Advertising You'll Never Pay For: How To Make Marketing Billable
- Web Sites Should Be More Than Just Online Brochures
- Law Practice Today Roundtable: Looking Back and Looking Forward
Make Sure to Continue Your Section Membership: Renew Your Member Dues Online
LPM wants to make sure that you continue to receive all the benefits of a section member. Be sure to pay your 2005-2006 membership dues invoice as soon as possible, if you have not already done so, to avoid losing LPM section benefits. You can manage your ABA and Section membership more efficiently online. Go to www.abanet.org and log on to myABA* where you can:
- Pay ABA and/or Section dues online via credit card
- View your 2005/06 membership invoice
- Add or drop Section memberships
- Print payment confirmation and receipt
Section Benefits include:
- Discount for ABA TECHSHOW
- Discount on LPM books and publications
- Discount on Law Practice Magazine subscription
- Complimentary e-issues of Law Practice Today
- Complimentary e-issues of LPM News
- Networking opportunities
- Increased knowledge of technological, financial, management and marketing issues pertaining to your firm and law career
*Please note that Members and Associates will need to have their ABA ID# and password to access their online invoice.
LPM Member Resources:
Member Online Directory
LPM Leadership Directory
Did you get this forwarded to you by a colleague or friend? Learn about our benefits
and Join Today
Law Practice Today Sponsors
This message was sent to &EMAIL_ADDRESS;. Your e-mail address will only be used within the ABA and its entities. We do not sell or rent e-mail addresses to anyone outside the ABA.
To change your e-mail address or remove your name from any future general distribution e-mails you can call us at 1-800-285-2221, or write to: American Bar Association, Service Center, 321 N Clark Street, Floor 16, Chicago, IL 60610
If you are an ABA member, log in to the ABA Web site at http://www.abanet.org/abanet/common/MyABA/home.cfm to edit your member profile. Otherwise, complete the form located at https://www.abanet.org/members/join/coa2.html
To review our privacy statement, go to http://www.abanet.org/privacy_statement.html.