GPSolo January/February 2007
Ready Resources for Solos and Small Firm Lawyers
Searching for additional resources on learning or education law? Take a look at the ABA publications below, and check out the helpful links to website resources hosted by the GP|Solo Division, the ABA, and others. To order any of the books listed below, call the ABA Service Center at 800/285-2221 or visit our website at www.ababooks.org.
- How to Capture and Keep Clients: Marketing Strategies for Lawyers
- By jennifer j. rose (ABA General Practice, Solo & Small Firm Division and Section of Family Law; 2005; PC 5150403; $79.95; GP|Solo member price $64.95)
- In this in-depth book, the best and most innovative solo and small firm lawyers give you their secrets, approaches, and strategies to that age-old puzzle of growing your law firm.
- Attorney and Law Firm Guide to the Business of Law, Second Edition
- By Edward Poll (ABA General Practice, Solo & Small Firm Division; 2002; PC 5150286; $119.95; GP|Solo member price $99.95)
- This classic guide simplifies the often-complex process of operating a law practice
- Letters for Lawyers: Essential Communications for Clients, Prospects, and Others, Second Edition
- By Thomas E. Kane (ABA General Practice, Solo & Small Firm Division; 2004; PC 5150290; $80; GP|Solo member price $65)
- The second edition of this publication contains numerous communication tools, including business letters, announcement cards, invitations, survey forms, response cards, press releases, and thank-you notes.
- How to Start and Build a Law Practice, Fifth Edition
- By Jay G. Foonberg (ABA Law Practice Management Section and ABA Law Student Division; 2004; PC 5110508; $69.95)
- If you have a question about starting and growing your own law practice, or improving your existing solo or small firm practice, Jay Foonberg has the answers in this power-packed, updated, and expanded new edition.
- Flying Solo: A Survival Guide for the Solo and Small Firm Lawyer, Fourth Edition
- By K. William Gibson (ABA Law Practice Management Section; 2005; PC 5110527; $99.95)
- Practical information gathered from a wide range of contributors who share tips and advice that can be easily implemented in your solo or small firm practice.
GP|Solo Division Links
Resources for solo or small law firms:
Links to useful state and local bar websites: www.abanet.org/genpractice/resources/statebars.html
Other Links from the ABA and Beyond
ABA Law Practice Management Section’s resource links for practice management issues: www.abanet.org/lpm/resources/management.shtml
Materials from the Indiana State Bar Association’s 2006 Solo and Small Firm Conference:
Materials from the 2006 Missouri Bar Association Solo and Small Firm Conference: http://members.mobar.org/sasf2006
Materials from the First Virginia CLE Solo and Small Firm Institute (2006):
Jim Calloway’s Law Practice Tips Blog:
Nerino Petro’s Compujurist.com, covering legal technology and practice management: http://compujurist.com
Reid My Blog!, Reid Trautz’s blog on management, governance, and ethics: http://reidtrautz.typepad.com