- Broaden Job Search, Maybe Go Solo, Officials Tell Worried Law Students
As a growing number of major law firms delay start dates for incoming associates and make record-breaking layoffs (some 2,700 have been announced since February 27), it’s obvious that worried law students have good reason to be concerned about finding work. Read the article in the ABA Journal. More »
- GP|Solo Has the Information for You to Go Solo!
You will find a free download, “How to Get a Job in a Small Law Firm,” articles, and helpful links. http://www.abanet.org/genpractice/lawstudents/ More »
- Law Student Outreach Program: Taking Control of Your Career
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. (lunch will be served to participants)
Location: North Carolina Central University – School of Law
640 Nelson Street, Durham, North Carolina 27707 – Great Hall Room
Sponsored by ABA Sections, Divisions, and Forums in cooperation with the North Carolina Central University School of Law. A variety of topics will include:
- Where to look for jobs in tough economic times
- What law firms are looking for in new associates
- How to develop networking skills
- What steps to take to pursue alternative or nontraditional careers
An RSVP is required! Please RSVP to Lisa Morgan, Director of Career Services, at email@example.com, no later than Today, Tuesday, March 31.
- Attending TECHSHOW® 2009? Join Us for Dinner
- Have dinner with your SoloSez™ friends at TECHSHOW® 2009. Please note that it’s not an “official” Division-sponsored event.
Date: Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: Tamarind Restaurant, 614 S. Wabash, in Chicago (one block from the Hilton Chicago, where TECHSHOW® is being held). The restaurant’s website is http://tamarindsushi.com/.
RSVP Instructions: Anyone who plans to attend should contact Lisa Solomon by email at Lisa@QuestionOfLaw.net (so she could have an accurate count for the restaurant).
- SoloSez™ Popular Threads »
Solosez is an email discussion list for solo and small firm lawyers that has grown to be the ABA's busiest list.
For a taste of what Solosez has to offer, check out the popular threads on Solosez’s Website. Recent threads include:
- More »
- Tenth Anniversary for the SoloSez™ Supreme Court Group Admission »
This is an advance notice for the upcoming the Tenth Annual Solosez Supreme Court Group Admission. The event is being held on Columbus Day Weekend, October 12 – 14, 2009.
Our group will consist of a maximum of 24 attorneys to be admitted. The Supreme Court limits us to 12 attorneys per day, so our group will be divided into a Tuesday and Wednesday admission group. The dinner on Monday, however, is for all!
- More »
- This Month’s Tip
- Reduce Business Junk Mail
Reduce paper waste by canceling unwanted junk mail. The National Waste Prevention Coalition provides a postcard
to send to mailers to have your name removed from lists.