- Tajik Professors Gain Comparative Perspectives on Legal Education Continuing its efforts to support legal education reform in Tajikistan, the ABA Rule of Law Initiative hosted an April 30–May 4 training for Tajik criminal law professors in Dushanbe.
- Tajikistani Legal Professionals Recommend Criminal Procedure Reforms Continuing its support to criminal law reform in Tajikistan, the ABA Rule of Law Initiative hosted a February 29–March 1 conference on the country’s Criminal Procedure Code.
- Aspiring Tajikistani Journalists Trained in Investigative Reporting To strengthen journalists’ role in providing accurate and comprehensive information about and increasing public awareness of the rule of law, the ABA Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) organized an October 31 to November 2, 2011 workshop on investigative reporting for 11 aspiring Tajikistani reporters.
- More than 400 Tajikistani Law Enforcement Officers Trained on Criminal Procedure Code As part of the Criminal Procedure Code training series, trainers employed an interactive approach, encouraging participants to discuss topics relevant to their day-to-day police work.
- Video: Good Morning America Anchor Takes Part in our Tajikistan Program During a November 7 Good Morning America broadcast, ABC News anchor Ron Claiborne shared some highlights from his recent trip to Tajikistan, where he served as an expert for an ABA Rule of Law Initiative program teaching journalism techniques to students in Tajikistan.
- Tajikistani Legal Professionals Complete Second Study Tour to the US Earlier this summer, the ABA Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI), in coordination with the Canyon County Prosecutor’s Office in Idaho, hosted 15 Tajikistani legal professionals for a one-week study tour to Boise, Idaho, and Washington, DC, as part of its legal education and exchange program.
- Video: Tajikistan Gender Equality Program Improves Access to Justice The ABA Rule of Law Initiative’s (ABA ROLI’s) gender equality program in Tajikistan is helping increase women’s access to justice and educating the public on women’s rights.
- Legal Professionals from Tajikistan Visit the US Earlier this month, the ABA Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) hosted participants of its two-week 2010 legal education exchange program between Tajikistan and the United States.
- ABA ROLI-Sponsored Play Highlights Women’s Rights On March 4, the ABA Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) presented a theatrical performance highlighting women’s rights at the Indian Cultural Center in the Tajik capital, Dushanbe
- Tajik Advocates Trained in Trial Advocacy Skills and Defense Strategy On August 13 and 14, Nick Hentoff, ABA Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) long term legal specialist, conducted a two-day interactive trial advocacy skills training for 30 Tajik advocates.
- Tajikistan Roundtable Discusses Criminal Procedure Code In early April, the ABA Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) in collaboration with the Judicial Training Center and Majlisi Namoyandagon of the Majlisi Oli (lower chamber of the Tajik parliament) organized a two-day roundtable discussion on the Criminal Procedure Code (CPC) draft.
- Technology Connects and Empowers Attorneys in Tajikistan Easy access to legal information is not always a given, but advocates in Tajikistan are now one step closer thanks to an innovative ABA ROLI program that connects the country’s three main collegia (bar associations) with research assistance and database and Internet connections.
- Rule of Law Initiative Launches Local Governance Legal Training Series in Tajikistan On April 6, 2007, the Rule of Law Initiative hosted a USAID-sponsored local governance training program on Tajik law and available enforcement mechanisms for twenty local government officials representing several khukumats (local government bodies) from the Sughd region of Tajikistan
- Law and Civics Courses Begin at Islamic University in Tajikistan
- For the first time in its history, the Tajik Islamic University in Dushanbe will be including courses on law and civics as part of its regular university curriculum, thanks to a cooperative effort between the university and the ABA Rule of Law Initiative.