The Africa Division of the ABA Rule of Law Initiative began its Liberia operations in January of 2006. Based in Monrovia, the Liberia office is committed to promoting access to justice in Liberia.
Under the direction of Mr. Kevin George, the office has been involved in a wide diversity of activities, including:
1) the establishment of a legal aid center in the Louis Arthur Grimes Law School;
2) the establishment of a victim support clinic for victims of gender based violence;
3) the development of training materials and the training of mediators;
4) the creation of scholarships for promising law students involved in public service law; and
5) the provision of legal advice to the Liberian Minister of Labor in his endeavor to update the labor law.